If “what the heck are you talking about?” is the first thought that came to your mind when you saw the title of this article – then keep reading. That is most likely an indicator that your content is not king.
What is Greenhouse marketing?
Greenhouse marketing is the opposite of traditional marketing. Traditional marketing centered on the philosophy that you push your messaging onto anyone who was in arms length of a radio, magazine, or television. Greenhouse marketing is all about creating original content that prospects would naturally search for. While very different, traditional marketing and content marketing do have one thing in common – both of their purposes are to generate leads.
Content is powerful
Content has a lot of power when it comes to your dealership. Weird right? Content plays key roles in SEO (search engine optimization). Here’s how that works:
- You create a blog article that has amazing content (and happens to have a few target keywords for your kitchen and bath business).
- You repeat number 1 as much as you can. We recommend at least three times a week – but do what you can, or find marketing services that can do this for you.
- You begin driving more traffic to your website and your business appears frequently in what your prospects are searching on.
- As a result of the additive traffic (all from amazing content) you get more leads.
Content allows you to be the thought Leader in your market
Creating content that is helpful and informative is a powerful way to position your dealership or remodeling business as the thought leader in your market. You immediately increase your credibility and can position yourself as a trusted adviser. Here’s how that works:
- You have a blog that covers relevant topics. This point is important – you have to be careful to not create content that is bluntly advertising your business but is instead, more subtly guiding prospects in your direction. Think “information” focused rather than “product” focused.
- You repeat number 1 as much as you can. Businesses that blog can generate 5X more traffic than those who don’t blog in a month.
- Potential leads start to return to your website. You have given them a reason to keep coming back for more (ahem – your content!)
- You have positioned yourself as a thought leader and trusted adviser – so now when it’s time to purchase a new kitchen or even have a discussion – your dealership is the first place a potential lead will turn.