No question, doing business as a cabinet dealer is not for everybody, but the payoffs and pleasures can be substantial for those willing to make the appropriate investment in time and effort. Oh, wait, you already knew that, didn’t you? Why else would you be here, browsing this blog?
Still, now that you’re here, you’ll probably agree, there really is a lot to love about being a cabinet dealer:
- Take product quality, for instance. As a cabinet dealer, you can choose to deal in exactly the kinds of cabinets you want – the ones that hit the sweet spot of your local market. No more, no less.
- You can serve as broad a territory as you’d like or are able to handle, too – especially now, with the Web providing such a low-cost, long-reach marketing channel. Sure, word of mouth is still the most effective reference. But Google, it appears, may be the modern cabinet dealer’s best friend, helping home owners, contractors, remodelers, and everyone else who might be interested in cabinets to find you and your business with the click of a mouse.
- As a cabinet dealer, you enjoy independence – the ability to run your own business – even as you take advantage of the sales, marketing, and other resources freely available in our industry. After all, we all want you to be successful so we can be successful. It couldn’t be any other way.
- Cabinet dealers get to see the latest product innovations and styles first, before the rest of the market. This puts you in an advantageous – and profitable – spot in the overall sales and marketing process. You also will have the ear of those manufacturers. They thrive on your feedback.
- Finally, you get to work with awesome kitchen cabinet software like Aurora. No matter if you’re on a desktop, laptop or an iPad out in the back yard, Aurora’s right there at your service. She’s Web-based, which means she’s always on, always ready to work, and always taking care of tedious housekeeping tasks like backing up your data and getting a regular performance tune-up. Designed for today’s cabinet dealer, Aurora handles everything from pricing to purchasing, scheduling, and managing sales. It can reduce paperwork, eliminate errors, and give you a real-time view into your business’s performance. What’s not to love?